15 Days Rush Lake Trek
Rush Lake trek is a rather easy but well rewarding trek in the heart of the Hunza valley Pakistan. This treks will take you to the amazing Karakorum mountains clusters the best on earth. You will be Crossing glaciers, meadows and terraced fields of Karakoram. The trek ends at Rush Lake. (4,700 m 15,400 ft):
Whats more is that if we climb a nearby hilltop, we can see K2 along with the other high peaks of the Karakoram from here.
This is a short trek you will start by driving by Jeep across the hunza river at Hoper. This is where the snout of the famous Barpu glacier meets another glacier called Bualter. Hunzakuts (local people from Hunza) believe that glaciers are either male or female. Each glacier exudes its own gender qualities and when a male and female glacier meet they give birth to a baby glacier
- Day 01 : Meet on your arrival in Islamabad transfer to Hotel . Afternoon city tour of Rawalpindi & Islamabad. overnight at hotel.
- Day 02 : Drive to Besham via Taxila visit the oldest historical site of Buddhism in the word Overnight at Hotel in Besham.
- Day 03 : Drive to Gilgit via Karakoram Highway a breathtaking drive along the River Indus & Gilgit river Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04 : Drive to Hunza later take Jeep to Hopar village across the river Hunza. Overnight in tents.
- Day 05 : Trek Hopar/Barpu Giram (5/6 hrs)
- Day 06 : Trek Barpu Giram/Gutens (4/6 hrs)
- Day 07 : Trek Gutens/Rush Lake (5/6 hrs)
- Day 08 : Trek Day free at Rush Lake
- Day 09 : Trek Rush Lake/Gutens (3/4 hrs)
- Day 10 : Trek Gutens/Hopar (4/5 hrs) Walk down to Hopar and later drive to Hunza by jeeps.Overnight at Hotel
- Day 11 : Hunza AM visit Baltit and Altit Forts. PM free Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 12 : AM drive to Gilgit. PM free.Overnight at Hotel
- Day 13 : Drive to Besham driving on Karakoram Highway. Overnight at Hotel
- Day 14 : Drive to Rawalpindi/Islamabad. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 15 : Transfer to airport for your onward fligh